Friday, December 16, 2011

Blue Christmas....


(Becky wearing the socks Sergei left behind)

Elvis is killing me this Christmas! If you see me in the grocery store or driving in my car bawling it is because I am listening to "I'll be home for Christmas" Any version of the song, in any location makes me cry...a lot. The girls and I have been very busy with homemade crafts, cookie making and all around Christmas joy but it is so difficult not having Sergei and Max home with us. Kevin is staying focused at work and studies his Russian with the girls at night. We have not been able to reach the boys by phone yet which doesn't help. We will keep trying and keep you updated.

Sergei left a pair of socks under his bed. Sounds silly but I have almost worn them out. Wearing them makes me feel like he is not that far away. I know they will be home soon. Thank you all for loving us and following our story. Much love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I think wearing Sergei's socks is a GREAT way to feel of his love while he is away. We are hoping that you will soon be able to talk to him and Max on the phone.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete