Thursday, June 21, 2012

Boys are boys!

I again apologize for not posting sooner....for every parent who has had a colicky baby or a child that needs less sleep than the parents....you are my heroes! We are fine tuning our sleep schedules and feel confident will get it down soon. Maksym LOVES his big brother and struggles being away from him even for the moments his eyelids are closed. Sergei loves him right back but I think he is ready to be the big brother and not the Dad any more. Now if we can just convince Max!

We are having a lot of fun over here. The kids all love each other and play great together. Charlotte is wondering why we waited so long for brothers...she loves to wrestle and chase! Max and Charlotte are perfect match-up for wrestling....Charlotte age 20 months weighs: 32 lbs and Maksym age 6 weighs: 36 lbs. He is very gentle and careful with the girls...Charlotte, our little rough-neck, not so much!

We had our first doctor appointment for the overall check-up and I couldn't find the boys weight on the chart Dr. Lindgren had printed for me....he pointed that it was marked but was almost off the page because they are so thin! These boys need to gain some weight but other than that have a pretty good bill of health.

We are getting settled and the boys and girls are realizing this is forever...we are so happy to be together. I will share a very personal and touching moment...Sergei has started me calling me "Mom". He has always called me Becki and just a few days ago he called for me, "MOM!" I try not to grin ear to ear and buy him a pony on the spot but it is pretty hard. It is pretty awesome to say the least. He is a good boy...14 for sure but still a good boy. My vacuum smells like maybe he cleaned up milk with it and he did wash my car with my kitchen mop but again, he is 14. Before you think I have him slaving away over here, he is trying to earn money so he can buy video games!

Our little Max can melt you with his face and smile. He likes to play and is active and strong. He is a good little helper and will eat ice cream after breakfast, lunch and dinner (usually I would say no but the kid weighs 36 lbs!)  Suzy, Pearl and Max are like peas in a pod....nice having them so close in age because they all like to do the same things. Park, bike rides, ice cream breaks and pool.  We are living it up the summer of 2012! We are playing and working out a few tantrums (less and less as time goes by) while Kevin works and works and works leaving just enough time to help put all 5 of the kids to bed. Mom...I will never figure out how you did it....I LOVE YOU!!!

I know many of you are praying and thinking of us daily, thank you. We need it! We are settling in and feel your prayers wrap around our little family like a huge hug at the end of each day. We love you all so, so much. Still pretty surreal having all of children under one roof....God is great!










1 comment:

  1. Becky Mama, youre amazing. Thank you for the update! I love that Max eats ice cream all day and the kids are playing well together. You must be wiped! Can you fb me your mailing address. I want to send you something =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete