Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Flu


I think when someone holds your hair back while you puke, they love you for real. The entire family caught the stomach flu and it taught us all we would make a pretty great family. "What is she talking about?!" you are probably asking yourself. I learned I can handle five sick kids and one very sick hubby. I learned teenage boys still love to be tucked in and babied when they feel crummy and that carpet cleaners are worth their weight in gold. The family was sick but Kevin and I hung in there. After everyone was beginning to recover, I was taken down...hard. I went to bed at noon and woke up at 7pm. I walked into my kitchen where everyone was laughing and eating dinner together. Sergei had made a beautiful traditional Ukrainian dinner and let the girls help him cook. We all took care of each other that week. The family that pukes together, stays together. (I am going to need that in vinyl)

No comments:

Post a Comment