Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Please Eat!


I was trying to get Sergei to come out of his shell so I figured the best way to do that was to feed him and then feed him some more. I tried everything, McDonald's, spaghetti, bananas, MacN'Cheese, and every sugar cereal you could think of. My orphan would not eat. What kind of American Host Mom was I? What is more American than a few extra pounds?! I was begging Sergei, bribing him and flat out telling him had to eat something. I was worried he was going to go back to Ukraine skinnier than when he arrived!

I pulled out the big guns...my mom Suzan. By the time she got back from shopping at every European store in this state, my fridge doors would barely close. Sergei picked at a few things but just ask for the same old thing, Coca-Cola. I do have a small addiction myself to Diet Coke so it turned into our "special time". We would jump into the car and Sergei always placed a cold Diet Coke in my drink holder. See...I told you he was mine:)

He finally started eating when I was told he liked meat. I had been a vegetarian over the last ten years but if it was meat Sergei wanted, then meat it was. Our sweet neighbors cooked up some mean steaks and yes...I ate every last bite. Sergei had it right, steak and Coke rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment