Monday, February 6, 2012

COLD IN UKRAINE (-20) BUT WARM HEARTS IN UTAH

Bunco winnings donated from Aunt Micki and all of her friends!

My sweet, sweet Aunt Mick has been saving her winnings from Bunco to donate towards the adoption of Sergei and Max. She has been saving since September and has had her sweet friends near and far donate to her envelope as well ! Once she reached $299, one more donation was added to make it a cool $300!
THANK YOU for all of your generous donations and thank you Aunt Micki for cheering us on!

I received this envelope of love (and cash) during a pretty tough week. It has been extremely cold in Ukraine -20 degrees and I can't stop worrying about Max and Sergei being hungry and cold. We were facing a  pretty long delay on our paperwork here on the US side and we were still short of our adoption cost of about $5,000. We had all been under the weather and working like crazy when Aunt Micki gave me this envelope. It touched me so much to have such love and support and to have strangers give me their winnings. It really did warm my heart and give me a second wind. We are pushing through the paperwork, sending warm clothes to the orphanage and working 24/7 to meet our goals! Our five children will be playing on the beach complaining that they are too HOT at Bear Lake this summer before we know it and I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment