Monday, October 10, 2011

Speechless (Yes, Becky......)



I am never at a loss for words, I can talk all day and usually do... blah, blah, blah. But this weekend I felt so much gratitude, I don't know how to begin to express it. We have been surrounded by family and friends this weekend, in person and on the Internet and my heart felt so full I thought it just might burst! The financial support we received put me into silent, tear-dropping state. I cannot believe the sacrifice so many of you have made for my family, for Sergei and Max and our beautiful girls. The checks we have received, the pay pal, the auction items and notes and kind words that come with them, touched us so much. We need you to know how much each donation means to us. We know all the  money we are receiving could have gone to something else; food, gas (holy smokes it's a lot!) that great pair of shoes, that big family vacation, that sweet bike but you gave it to us, thank you. This world can be so good...no, great. I have felt and seen nothing but love since we started these adoptions. Every donation makes us cry (Sorry Kev but it had to be said) we look at each other and hear your voices cheering us on and then we get tear-filled eyes and are left speechless because we know our family will all be together soon. The sacrifices are great and it is our friends, family and strangers that will make these adoptions a reality. I am asking the people in this world to get my sons in my arms and out of that orphanage and you are doing it! Thank you, thank you so much. The world is great because of you.

The above drawing is a picture of our family that Sergei left on his pillow for us to find after he went back to the Ukraine: Kevin, Becky, Sergei, Max, Suzy, Pearl and (I know no Charlotte but she hadn't offical turned 1 yet) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment