Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 2: Traffic, Referral and Train

I posted about our SDA appointment yesterday and that I slept for 8 hours…make that 20! I got up long enough to blog and then went back to bed! I think I needed it to emotionally recharge after our 15 min meeting, glad it wasn’t any longer! Today we got up, packed our bags and hit the local market. It was great! Fun to be in the middle of everything and to see the old ladies selling their goods, the teenagers being teenagers. The group of old men who sat next to us, chatted with each other over a flask of whiskey and some perogies! Kevin was a little bummed I did not want to go on the Metro to go sightseeing in fear of missing our referral appointment! We ate in the market and I used the public bathrooms…YOWZER!  We left the market and said goodbye to our Kiev Apartment and then sat in HOT traffic for a few hours! The weather here is super warm (78 degrees) and the hot exhaust and no A/C made me a little crazy. We grabbed our referral (to see the kids at the orphanage) and hit the train station.  The train left at 7:20 pm and it was nice and comfy. We have had enough warnings from other families about the overnight ride so I took a sleeping pill and we both slept like babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment