Monday, April 9, 2012

5,000 mile journey starts April 26th!


(Kevin made a traditional Ukraine Easter Egg for his boys)
WE ARE GOING TO UKRAINE!!!!!! We got our call today that we have an appointment in Ukraine on the 26th of APRIL! I know Kevin hates when people use all caps and exclamation points but this announcement calls for an over usage of both...YAHOOOOOO!!!!! This is crazy right?! It almost doesn't feel real. Can it really be this close? Am I only weeks away from holding my sons?! I want to go right now in my jammies to get them out of that orphanage. It is so close, so real, nothing else matters but our children being together. Screw the laundry piles, the unpainted nursery (Kevin thinks my construction room for Max is too baby) the unpacked bags, I just want my children now.

To all of you who love us, pray for us, cry for us, donate to us, thank you. Thank you from the depths of my soul. The Lord has shown us so many miracles through the people around us. Your hearts have been touch by God and you listened and now look, you made a miracle happen. You helped us raise forty-six-thousand dollars . You are bringing two boys, over an ocean, across 5,000 miles to their house...to their home, to their family, to me. Thank you, oh thank you all. My heart is touched and I will never be able to express the love I have for each of you. To bring a mother and her children together in what seemed like impossible odds is a gift, a miracle I can never repay. I love you all so much. May God bless you and your families, we love you!

Put the tissues away because it is time to start packing!

8 comments:

  1. I am so EXCITED for you guys!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! (I'm in your sister's ward.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We are so excited for you guys! What an amazing miracle and blessing for your whole family. xoxo :)
    - Ann and Ted and boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! You guys are awesome and I'm so happy you get to be together soon!!! So close you can almost taste it right?! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Only 2 more weeks! Love the updates! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting when you get that notification! I remember when we got ours. Everything happened SO fast. Many blessings on this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to meet you today! :) I will be praying for your trip and a smooth process! :) I enjoyed reading your blog and know all about the excitement you are feeling. So excited for your family!
    Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete