Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 5 - Orphanage

We went to the orphanage today and had so much fun. We started off in the "family" area and then moved outside to pull Sergei and Dema/Alex away from video games and to let Max run out some wiggles! Monson and Nick...you guys are going to love running wild with him! Max calls me Mama but I think he just thinks that is my name. He must think I am a big kid who brings him treats and talks funny because he listens to everyone...but me :) . I am working on my Russian TODAY! He makes everyone laugh and he is a happy, happy boy. I think we were breaking all the rules hanging out with the other kids but I think all the bananas I brought today bought us some time. We will post pictures soon (to all the families anxiously waiting back home to catch a glimpse of their kids) I tried my best to get them all!

Sergei made me a beautiful paper swan. I look at his face and kiss his hot head and thought "I can't wait to do this in Utah" (until he is too embarrassed to let me)! He is a gift, his heart is bigger than he is. He loves his brother so much and Max would do anything he ask...so grateful we get them both!

Time goes by pretty fast when we are there and when we left, Kevin came up with a game for them.He wrote something for Sergei in English to translate and Sergei wrote something for him in Russian to translate. After a little time at home Kevin cracked the code....
Kevin wrote:  You are a very good football player.
Sergei wrote:   I love to play football.
Cute that they were thinking the same thing.

We had a WONDERFUL dinner with the Gardiner's who spoiled us with a wonderful meal and even better company. They sent us home with arms full of goodies for the kids tomorrow, sidewalk chalk and workbooks and a DVD in English for us to boot!

We have officially been gone over a week and it is getting harder to be away from the girls. Aunt Sarah called us this morning (PM in Ut) and we got to hear Suzy's sweet voice. To all our family and friends who are loving and caring for them...thank you. We couldn't have done this without you.

Our service is hit or miss so wait for the photos...they are coming!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are a HIT with the kids...ALL of them!! YOU ROCK!! Thanks for watching out for OUR kids while WE are gone from THERE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of home, little Liffey Becker was baptized on Sunday, with family numbering about 50! She looked a picture in her little christening gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed it - glad to hear and welcome aboard little Liffey!

      Delete