Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 13 - Bubbles!

Sorry for the post delay,our internet has been terrible for the last few days. We are still alive over here!
We are still in Ukraine and still waiting for a court date. Blah. In the past, you received your court date and had your court hearing a few days after you submitted your final papers to Kiev. There is a new Adoption Ministry in town and the waiting period is much longer than it ever has been. It is killing us softly over here people. 10 day waiting period for our court date….10 day waiting period after the court date. 20 days of just waiting on the other side of the planet is just too much wait time to get my boys and be with my girls. I am praying for a miracle (you can too since your prayers have gotten us this far!) that our 10 day waiting period after court “cooling off period” is waived. Our facilitator Sasha said this NEVER happens but with you people praying for it….Never say never!
We went to the orphanage today and brought bubbles because Kevin and I are feeling the pain of playing soccer every day in 89 degree humidity.  So much for buying that hairdryer and curling iron…my makeup is melting off and my hair is just…crazy! Back to buns, braids and ponytails! We did a little English lesson and then went outside to play.  The bubbles were a hit and we had fun, Sergei even kept it up after some of his friends were teasing him. Little Max is one cute kid. Today he ran right to Kevin when he met us in the “family room” and he melts my heart when he pulls on my hands to get me to go somewhere. He is his brother’s shadow, where ever Sergei goes, he goes. So grateful they have each other.
Everyone back home, we love you so much and miss you terribly! Funny we see people over her in Ukraine that look like people we love back home. Aunt Deb has a double working at our little corner market that we go into every day to buy water and cookies for the kids!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo...how long have you been waiting at this point? Since May 5th? I went back to look at the "Adoption Timeline" post to figure it out. If it was when you signed the papers and they were sent to Kiev, would that mean that you are four days into that 10-day waiting period? UGH. I am SO sorry. I can imagine you miss your girls like crazy. Maybe this can be looked at like labor...it seemed long at the time, but when you look back on it after it's all over it won't seem so bad...maybe??

    I'm still praying and LOVE you guys!

    ReplyDelete