Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day:16 We have a court date!

WE HAVE A COURT DATE! YAHOOOO!!!! We will be in court on the 17th of next week. Our facilitator says the odds of it happening are 90%, we are still waiting for a final approval but we feel like everything is on track. YAY! It is so awesome to write that! Once court is finished I (Becky) will head back to Kiev and go to the US Embassy to fill out some papers and then head back home to the US…not sure what day I will be back yet but I will figure it out this week and keep everyone posted. (Mom I promise to call the minute I figure this out) Kevin is going to stay in Mariupol for the 10 day waiting period. The boys have to stay at the orphanage at this time but Kev can still see them every day. After that, all three of them with our facilitator, will travel to Kiev to finish more paperwork. Still praying that our 10 day waiting period is waived….
(This is the raw chicken store across the street from our apartment, can you find the three dogs and one cat in this picture? There are lots of both in this town but they seem to get along.)
Kevin and I had fun this morning trying to find shoes for Sergei to wear home. He is a 14 year old and knows what he likes. Good thing Kevin is with me because he keeps reminding me they are not baby girls. With that being said…we did get Max theeee cutest Ukrainian soccer jersey to wear home. You may have thought I only have taken pictures of Max one day, since he is wearing the same shirt in EVERY photo. Well unfortunately that is not the case…he has worn his orange striped shirt every day since we arrived! Don’t even try to count the days; just know it is A LOT! Today he got a new shirt which is probably why they told us we couldn’t play outside; he has to keep it clean for 2 more weeks. Max loved the chess set we brought today and played great with us. He was counting in English and Russian and is one smart kid…he is going to do just great back home. I think he is going to adore his sisters not to mention the jumpoline, now if we can just get him there already.
We skyped with Aunt Sarah and the girls this morning then played with the boys, had two bites of the mystery lunch I bought at the grocery store (deep fried liver and onions) and went for a walk at the park where Kevin shot every target at a carnival booth with an AK-47. Fun Friday in Mariupol, Ukraine. Why TWO bites you might be asking yourself…first bite wasn’t so bad. 2nd one though I knew something wasn’t quite right.
Love you all! Rachael….I think you are right from heaven! Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! YAY!!! What a PERFECT Mother's Day gift for The Mother of the Year! I am so happy! I knew with so many prayers sent Heavenward on your behalf that it couldn't be long. We will continue to pray that court will go well. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It will all fall into place. So exciting. Your girls did so well at the dress rehearsal. I will record the recital so you won't miss a second of it. Love you so much! You guys are constantly on my mind. Can't wait to see you! Enjoy that deep fried liver :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing, I've been praying that the 10 day waiting period could be waived, not knowing this was even possible. Question--sorry if I missed this--what day did the boys know that they were being adopted? Thanks again for such good reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Larry for your prayers. I'm not sure we know the day... When Sergei was here last July we didn't talk about it (we didn't think we were the family) but all the kids knew that it was a potential result of their visit and many of their adoptive parents talked with them about it at the time. Becky sent care packages after he left and before we arrived but I don't think that any of the orphanage staff would have said anything until we showed up on the front door. So maybe April 28th which was the first day we saw them both on our arrival at the orphanage.

      Delete