Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 20: Getting things done!

Court is on Thursday and that night I fly to Kiev (same price as an overnight train ride…WHO KNEW?!) to file papers Friday morning with the US Embassy. We need everything ready before I go because if I leave Kevin in charge of getting the boys clothes and goodbye gifts, it could go bad pretty quick. We are feeling the time crunch over here.
I spent a good 4 hours trying to book a ticket home (Kiev to Paris) and it must be officially summer because weekend flights are getting booked really fast. I will finish the paperwork Friday in Ukraine and leave Saturday for Paris. I will leave Paris Monday at 6am and hold my girls that night! This was the cheapest way to go and I will not have internet or phone service, so wish me luck! Kevin will take over all blogging duties so harass him on FB to stop FacebookIng and to blog!

The boys were so much fun yesterday. We played our 1 hour soccer game, did an English lesson and then busted out the new watercolors we found today at the grocery store. The boys loved it and so did we. Sergei says he is ready for court (Max is too young to attend) and Kevin and I are getting nervous. We cannot let the jury or judge know that we met Sergei last summer. So we need to get our story straight and then practice the scene from A Few Good Men , “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!” Okay…we will probably just sit there, quietly wringing our hands together and trying to get through each question without getting thrown out of the courtroom. Court goes two ways…good or bad…pray for good.
(Sergei and Volva in a traditional Ukrainian photo pose)
Busy days ahead…we will update faster this time but our internet was terrible and I had to get the plane tickets, sorry to make you wait! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. WoW! I can't wait for you to be home with your cuties again. What a wonderful blessing...won't it end up to be about 21 days from start to finish? That was exactly what we were expecting...isn't that fabulous?? We are praying for your court experience. We are asking Heavenly Father to help you have the Spirit so you can deal with it well even if it's bad! Covers all the bases, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in court - you will be fine - we are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete