Monday, May 14, 2012

Day: 18 Best Worse Day Ever!

Mother’s Day in Ukraine…Well our dear friend and Russian translator from the summer program Jerrylynn, coined the phrase,  “this is the worse/best day of my life” and I am going to steal it. It describes my emotions perfectly. This was the Best Worst day ever…

Worse Day: It is Mother’s Day and I have five kids but not one in my bedroom early this morning to snuggle in my bed wishing me a Happy Mother’s Day.
Best Day: Went to the tinny tiny Catholic church Kevin found today, didn’t understand a word, and cried all the way through. God loves us so much and he gave our family this miracle. No other way to put it, what is happening is a miracle.
Worse Day: Walked into the orphanage gates to see a caretaker looking after 8 little ones about 1-2 years old and watched as she yelled and pulled one off the ground hard. The cries of that baby broke us…No Mama to hold and love her tonight.  
Best Day: Sergei and Kevin played soccer with the big boys and had a blast while Max played soccer with me. Another kid wanted to play with me and Max but Max said no…he just wanted me! I gave that kid a candy and sent him on his way; he was happy and so was I. Can you say bonding break through! I carry tons of balloons and suckers with me so every kid I see at the orphanage always gets a little something.
Worse Day: Cried about leaving Max behind when I leave for the US…everyone he has loved leaves him.
Best Day: Took my nap today and woke up to see a beautiful 11 red rose bouquet from Kevin. He tried to buy me 12 but 12 is bad luck here, so the flower lady refused.
Worse Day: Walked in the park and saw beautiful little girls dancing while three old ladies walked arm in arm singing a beautiful song in Russian. Kevin and I looked at each other with our eyes full of tears…we miss our girls.
Best Day: Went on a 5 mile walk to dinner (I thought it was closer but I was wrong!) ate a nice dinner with my sweet, kind, thoughtful and loving husband and grabbed a taxi home.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I read this to the kids over breakfast and cried in my scrambled eggs! Just think...next year we will have ALL our children home for Mother's Day! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon, Becky, soon, they will all be together.

    ReplyDelete