Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 15 - Wrestling

Okay people it is hot over here…the poofy coat I bought at the Costco back in October specifically for Ukraine is going to be donated to the orphanage. It is hot and we packed wool sweaters and long warm pants. I gave in to the heat and bought two t-shirts at the local grocery store. They are definitely supermarket t-shirts since one has a sparkly high-heel on it and the other has jibberish.  I think it was designed to look like an English style sports team but it doesn’t say anything in any language. Look at me, already embarrassing my kids wearing “weird” clothes…it is like I am a pro-mother already!

We hit the orphanage this afternoon and it was just too hot to go outside. We played a few English games and explained that in Ukraine it is bad luck to whistle indoors but in the US it is bad luck to open an umbrella indoors. We did both anyways.  After stuffing the kids with cookies and bananas (Yep it is how we roll over here…I will bribe Max anyway I can) we got to watch Sergei wrestle! It was so much fun! The instructors came in and all the kids are respectful and quiet and listened to their coaches. The little scrappy kids (yes, even littler than Sergei) were a hoot to watch. They grin ear to ear the whole time and are like wet noodles in each other’s arms. We watched Big Sergei, our Sergei, Volva, Andre and Ruslan (all kids from the summer program) wrestle! I am so ready to be the Mama of my boys! I could have watch them all day (Max wasn’t quite as into it as me). He had fun siting on Kevin’s lap playing Fruit Ninja.  Can I get an Amen and a Halleluiah for phone games please! J He loves playing with the big boys and wants to be a big boy yesterday! Kevin and I sat just one bench over from Sergei (literally 3 feet) but we kept seeing him peek over out of the corner of his eye to make sure we were still there. Sergei…we will always be here, every minute, every day, every year of your life… we will always be here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am all teared up! What a heart stirring picture you painted of him peeking over to see if you were still there. I can feel all the love you have for these boys. What an incredible mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enjoying following you on this journey. I am anxious each day to check your blog for updates. Your family is in my thoughts, heart, and prayers.

    ReplyDelete